Pros Fair printer, and scanner, but not good. I bought this to avoid going to FedExKinkos for brochure printing. Colors are not true and quality/resolution is poor once the font size less than 10. I still have to go to Kinko
Cons Print quality is ok at best.
1) Toner cartridges are expense and the printer will just stop printing at some point.
2) Color and scan resolution is not that great.
3) I never could the the wireless working with my laptop (windows XP).
Summary Don't be fooled. Don't buy this printer.
1) Toner cartridges are expense and the printer will just stop printing at some point. It tells you the toner cartridge is low, but when you remove and shake it, you can feel toner still in the cartridge. The last page I printed looked fine. You are dead in the water until you replace the expansive cartridge. What kind of company does this? A company I will never buy from again....
2) Color resolution is not that great. I bought this printer so I would not have to go to FedExKinkos for my color brochure printing. This printer does not even close. Colors are not true and print resolution is poor when font size gets less than 10 point.
3) Scan quality is not that good.
4) I never could the the wireless working with my laptop (windows XP). I had no problem with Windows 7.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LEXMARK PRINTER ! ! !
"Expensive toner"on by Mglide13
Pros Good copies, Fast and the printer itself was inexpensive
Cons Toner very expensive and goes fast. Our office prints mostly black copies but system uses up color toner also. We have printed about 20,000 letters in six months spent over $1,300 in toner alone.
Summary Should be able to set system to not waste color toner. When printing anything all toner colors are sent to waste bottle. We have used up colors that are not printed. Last month only printed black copies but had to replace two colors cartridges also at about $63 each. High yield cartridges do not help.
Pros Nice print quality and good speed.
Cons The toner is outrageously expensive, and the company's claims about toner yield are seriously misleading.
Summary While the print quality of the Lexmark is high, the toner price and yield makes this printer a complete budget buster. I've had several color laser printers, and grown accustomed to exaggerated yield figures; they are a bit like MPG claims for cars. However in this case, my printer gets about 1/3 the page yield claimed by the manufacturer, and I am constantly having to go back to the store and spend over $250 for a complete set of cartridges. Thus the relatively reasonable upfront cost of the printer is more than offset (I'd say completely drowned out) by the cost of toner.
Pros Very efficient on toner usage. Toner will not go up in price and will be available for the life of your printer. I had toner cost issues with my older HP color laser printers. Great wired ethernet network features. Print resolution is excellent.
Cons The printer has two print resolution modes, 4800 CQ and 1200 dpi. The users manual does not explain the difference and calling into Lexmark support does not help explaining the differences between these resolutions. Both modes look excellent.
Summary Great price for the features offered. I had a HP color laser printer in the past which the toner costs just kept getting higher over the years. I could not afford to run the printer any longer. Lexmark has an outstanding toner price guarantee for life and uses the toner very efficiently. They even have a toner rewards program where they give you a free fuser kit after ever so many used toner cartridges sent back to them. The built-in ethernet network features are great. It has a web browser interface where you configure the printers settings. The printer even will send out email messages when it needs more toner or paper. Also has a built-in paper duplexer. That was a must for me. I have had the printer now for 6 months and love it. We have all of our home computers connected to it. I have 10 computers in all. I have Windows, MAC and Linux desktops all talking to this printer.