"Disappointed"on by ALLPetro
Pros Output Quality, when it prints properly, is Excellent but it is unreliable.
Cons We've had this Printer less than one month. Any suggestion that the XEROX 8570 printer that we use saves costs because it uses less Ink is misleading. It probably costs Materially More because the Printer wastes a great deal of paper. My specific examp
Summary This Printer cannot be recommended to anyone it their right mind! Many expletives have been removed.
Pros QUALITY in print and quickly. Colors quite real.
Cons 3 years with two printers, even when we use it for office: ppt, pdf color etc.. We are not printers. The printer lasts until the warranty ends. Big disaster...Now the Xerox send us to repare, 590€ ...near to the cost.
Summary A good printer, but with a duration too short. With only 3 years we have bought 2 because we had solid ink. It was a big scam. No more!
Pros When it worked, it was okay.
Cons Just past the warranty - bingo! Broken. "Never ever turn off"
Summary Had this for a year and a month and guess what, it suddenly broke. A few tips:
1. NEVER ever turn it off. When you do, the wax blocks glue the cutting blades and then when you turn it on, they break and are NOT replaceable.
2. When you call Xerox, they COULD NOT GIVE A HOOT about your stress. Their answer? "Your warranty ran out. Pay for a technician to come to your office and fix the machine." Estimated cost $500+. Cost of a new machine (BUY JAPANESE - NOT XEROX) about $550.
3. Called a local technician, they have no clue about Xerox because Xerox only allows Xerox trained technicians to get parts.
4. Called A Xerox technician (closest was 3 hours by car)- "Ah, we know that problem, never turn off the printer - just to come and have a look will be $350 and if the board is gone, that'll be another $250 or more."
Solution? A trip to the Dump - and if you take my advice, that's were Xerox belongs as well. The whole company.
Pros The printer is as good as the 8560, but...
Cons With cashback - what a bargain NOT!
We've had the 8550 and the 8560, both of which had alternative, much cheaper inksticks available.
Xerox has worked hard to stop this in the 8570 and charge the earth for their exclusive inksticks.
Time for MediaSciences
Summary I would have bought this printer, which we use for indelible labels, at the full price.
With the cashback, £199 seemed wonderful value.
Then I discovered that it really was too good to be true. Replacement ink costs more than the printer!
I can understand anyone buying this printer with a few spare sticks thrown in then junking it when the ink runs out.
Do Xerox really consider this waste environmentaly-friendly?
If the alternative suppliers come up with cheaper inksticks to reduce print costs per sheet, I would give this printer 5 stars.
Pros 1. Beautiful prints... when the printer works.
Cons 1. 1 year contract ($200.00) covers 50% of labor costs. 0% of parts which in my case would have been $400.
2. Cheaper to by a new printer than repair existing.
3. Inks are expensive & quickly depleted
4. Technicians all too aware of Xerox's issues
Summary I intensely advise against purchasing this product and Xerox's " that's too bad" attitude chases me away from investing any further in any other products they carry.
Xerox hides behind their product rather than stand behind it or back it up.
For the record I have never posted a negative review on any site. But this company is in serious need of an overhaul when it comes to quality. They still carry that uninspired "old school" mentality where choices and options were limited.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Get free shipping on orders over $35.00||Yes|| |
|Free Shipping Over $45!||Yes|| |
|$100 Off Quill Brand Chairs when you spend $350 On Furn||Yes|| |
|See all prices|