"Bright, Contrasty, and Color Accurate"4.5 starson by chriscooksey
Pros: 1. Very bright, even in direct sun
2. Elegant design, makes other traditional LCD's look like they're from the '90s
3. once calibrated its very accurate for the price
4. No perceptible lag
5. 16:9 aspect ratio-great for HD movies
Cons: 1. Base a little unstable but not as big of a deal as some people are making it sound.
2. Can be a little too bright even at lowest setting.
3. No built in speakers, but they usually suck anyway.
Summary: This is a great monitor, and the pros easily outway the cons. People seem to get hung up on the "wobbly" base and touch controls but seriously, its not like the thing is always falling over, or even moving around. I put a little sticky-tack on the bottom base just in case though, as I have done with all of my monitors. The touch controls aren't super responsive but definitely easy and perfectly usable. Honestly, its not like you're really using them that much anyway. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a reasonable priced quality monitor, everyone who sees it is very impressed. Great for small rooms like dorm rooms and apartments as a TV too.