Pros excellent battery life, ease of usage, itunes is the main software used by everyone
Cons no radio, could have inputed a video playback function as well
Summary opinion from an honest person who has had ipod 2nd generation, ipod mini, ipod shuffle, ipod nano, ipod video and finally this ipod nano 2nd generation. (no, i'm not showing off here please don't mistaken it) the ipod nano 2nd generation is a solid statement of what an ipod should be. it comes with a very stable interface and solid functions which you can always expect on an ipod and the battery life has finally been improved to meet the needs of an everyday persons. i bought this player since someone stole my ipod video and on an honest note here, i'm glad to say that i have a chance with this ipod for its size and functions.
if it's your first time trying out an ipod, this version is highly recommended for its looks, solid body built and excellent interface (which I am positive about 90% of mp3 users are already well acquainted with)
BUY THIS IF:
- you want an ipod/it is your first time with an ipod
- looking for a very light, well equiped mp3 player that will look good in any city, any place in the world
- need of an mp3 player that has solid battery life
- you are used to computer-hopping and bringing in songs from your friend, colleagues or just about any place
- use itunes as your main audio tool
- you are looking for a crazy number of accessories
Do NOT BUY if:
- need an mp3 with FM radio functions and video playback
- hate the layout of itunes and just about any mac software and hardware
- are thnking buying an mp3 player that does not have to follow trends on a regular basis
- want a mp3 player with a simple function of only drag and drop without the need of any extra software
hope this review helped
on an overall note, this is an excellent ipod which i highly recommend to anyone that is up on the fashion trends on both clothes and electronics and this ipod has finally hit the sweet spot.
Pros Small, Materials
Cons Freezes up sometimes, doesn't always want to shut off.
Summary I was never a fan of Apple, but I do like their design. I appreciate this is metal and not plastic. I enjoy that it is small too, however it freezes up too often, and sometimes takes a couple tries to get it to shut off.
Pros Perfect material, music almost sounds better, always sweet to touch
Cons the 400 mb you cant have for music
Summary I prefer the ipod better than any other mp3 player. It's the one that offer the best. Anyways, a good choice. And I must say i hate the fact that they took off 400 mb on the 4 gb for the file storage and stuff. I'd like to store 1000 songs, not 631.
Pros The usually suspects
Cons Could have more features, iTunes
Summary This is an iPod. It does what you would expect an iPod to do.
Pros Small, Elegant, Sturdy, Reliable, Great Sound
Cons Wish it had more memory
Summary There aren't many technological advancements that work flawlessly right out of the box - it seems you have to perform work-arounds or install patches or just accept the fact that most technology just doesn't do all it should...but my Nano is definitely an exception.
Outside of the weak earbuds, I love this device and I use it constantly - plugged into the jack in my car's stereo or going to sleep with it every night. A wonderful item.