"The Sansa Clip was great! the Clip+ is garbage"2.5 starson by sansaclippuser
Pros: The Sansa Clip was great! the Clip+ is garbage
Cons: The Sansa Clip was great! the Clip+ is garbage
Summary: I had a Sansa Clip (the original model, a great product) for about a year, it was stolen at my gym locker room. I went to get a replacement and bought the Clip+
I have been using it for a couple months and by now have formed an opinon: its pure garbage! Here's why:
1. This is a device one carries on their person, yet it does not have a hold button! and its keypad is very sensitive, so everytime it brushes against my clothes it skips, pauses, etc. The original Clip had a hold button; clearly the product manager responsible for the Clip+ at SanDisk has no clue as to how such a device might be used. SanDisk must have fired the person responsible for the original one.
2. Its clip does not clip! the design is wrong so it does not grab to your clothes; also, the spring is too weak. See above comment regarding the product person.
3. It has a useless 'card' slot. How would be running around looking for a card with pre-loaded music, when they can get their music (legally) online and copy it to the device. Keep in mind in order to recharge the Clip you have to connect it to a computer using the supplied USB cable; as a computer user you surely know how to copy music to another device.
4. Cheap looking industrial design (In contrast to the pretty good looking original Clip) Deinitely could use to $ spent on the useless card slot to improve its looks.
5. Battery life stinks! I barely get 5 hours out of it.
All in all, I guess the original Sansa Clip was a SanDisk design fluke: they actually got it right. SanDisk should stick with what it knows how to do: making highly expensive memory chips.