"Incredibly Terrible"1.0 starson by JakeReview
Pros: Promise of functionality, responsiveness of Lexmark service with repeated calls for help (A for effort)
Cons: Utter malfunction, Lexmark's inability to fix
Summary: I'm shocked by the largely positive reviews of this printer.
I'm not a big review-writer but was compelled to create an account just to warn people against this printer, which is really, really bad.
I'm on my 3rd printer. I've also had the print head replaced twice. I've tried everything I could to get a refund direct from Lexmark, but their strict policy only allows for continued "repairs" until the problem is fixed. In that sense (and in fairness to the Lexmark brand) they're very responsive and try hard to make it right (hence the repeated replacements.) But the problem, it turns out, is that the printers aren't broken. They're just poorly created.
• Routine paper jams
• Frequent ink leaks - several times, when printing photos, the paper has come out completely saturated with one color of ink or another.
• CONSTANT color issues: when printing photos, colored text, etc., it invariably comes out with discolorations (blue = green, black = gray, etc.)
• The touchscreen freezes about 3/4 of the time i use it, requiring a reboot to continue use
• The scanning quality seems lower than advertised - always comes through a fuzzy
• The print quality - when it DOES print correctly (rare) - is still very low. Not sharp, not vibrant.
I'm somewhat computer savvy and have tried EVERYTHING recommended on the site to remedy my problems - updated drivers, firmware, etc. No luck.
FYI: I'm using it wirelessly with my new MacBook Pro, so my only thought is some sort of operating system incompatibility, which might explain others' satisfaction with this printer.
For me, though, it was a big mistake. And even though I'm on my 3rd, shiny new one, I'm going to buy a different brand of printer, because it's essentially useless.
Stay away! If your experience is anything like mine, you will surely regret it.