Pros Okay print quality, multi-functional, scanner/copier works okay, even a caveman could use it.
Cons Sucks down ink like an alcoholic at a frat party, drops connection with devices and must be hard-wired to printer every time (why did I buy a wireless printer again?)
Summary This printer reminds me why I went for so long without wanting a printer. I feel like I'm babysitting this bratty piece of crap.
1. It seems to lose ink even when I'm not using it.
2. The green wireless light is on but when I attempt to print it doesn't connect.
3. Apparently you must have all ink cartridges at 100% in order to print with JUST the black in cartridge.
4. The "normal" 100 ink is like buying a fun size snicker bar at normal price and the 100"XL" ink is like buying a normal size snicker bar at the king size price. Basically, the ink is a complete rip-off.
5. I want to break it every time I use it but I am a student and I kind of rely on this thing... its a waste of time when I'm trying to study. I wish I would have gone with a laser... or really any other brand besides Lexmark.
Pros Prints (when it has ink) good quality photos
Scanner works fine
Cons Ink ink ink..
Even when it has ink it thinks it needs more
Ink leaked all over and had to replace the printer head
Summary It worked okay for me until I had to do a good sized print project of several photos. Must've just been too much for it as after that I've not been able to keep it happy and full of ink. And ink has leaked all over. Replaced the Printer head (because it told me to) but that didn't solve it. I thought I was getting lousy ink cartridges but after reading reviews understand now it is the printer.
"This Printer sucks"on by Watts832
Pros The fax works great
Cons Drops connection with the computer
Won't print color
Summary I thought that it was an ok printer, it's fax saved me several times, but I have had nothing but trouble with the printing. I think that the Lexmark company should give us all our money back.I also for got to mention that I will NOT be buying a Lexmark printer again. EVER!!!!!
Updated on Sep 8, 2012
"Worthless printer"on by msburgess
Pros boat anchor?
Cons printhead errors, connectivity, ink use
Summary So many problems with this printer...I will list the ones that irk me the most. I am off to buy a new printer today and will NEVER buy or recommend Lexmark at any time.
1. Printhead errors
2. Continually have to unplug and re-plug to get printer to be recognized by computer
3. excessive ink use
4. Uses ALL colors to make a black and white print
5. Refuses to work when one color (ANY color) is out
6. Cost of ink is excessive and proprietary
This useless machine is currently saying "there is a problem with the printhead" even though I have cleaned the printhead repeatedly (this happens all the time but usually goes away after cleaning/re-setting). The screen is stuck on this message so I cannot even scan with the bloody thing! This printer has NEVER worked without problems. We don't have high volume useage but still nearly EVERY time we use it, something goes wrong.
Pros All in one SEEMS to work (at least as often as the printer itself works).
Cons time to get machine up and running (just short of forever...)
unreliable - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
uses VERY high quantity of ink
cost of ink is RIDICULOUSLY high AND Lexmark proprietary (so good luck if you run out and need it asap)
Summary Don't waste your time, energy, money, sanity or phone time (which you'll need to talk to Lexmark).