"I upgraded from a "Pink" (v.2) to a v.4 & am sorry."2.5 starson by cnetcheapskate
Pros: - Version 4 software seems to be much better than previous versions.
- Pogoplug did offer to refund my money within 30 days of my purchase.
- SD card slot is a "bonus" (I haven't tried it yet)
- USB 3 ports can't hurt (but do they matter?)
Cons: - if Patience if NOT your Virtue, stay away from this product.
- while optimizing video, the unit is pretty well useless. There is a huge delay accessing files.
- If you have ripped DVDs on your ext h/drive(s), the PP will never finish optimizing
Summary: Originally, I had 2 x 2TB external hard drives attached to my "pink" Pogoplug. As these were newer hard drives, they were "green" therefore went into sleep mode quickly. Getting them to "wake up" created a frustrating delay.
I'm not sure how well PP software supports 4TBs of hard drive space/files (mostly pictures).
I have been happier with 1 x 2TB external hard drive & a USB flash drive which PP software seems to more easily support.
I doubt that the 2 x USB 3 ports matter. The CPU inside the Pogoplug probably can't fill a USB 3 pipeline, even if accessed via 1GB Ether.
I don't appreciate being charged to stream video outside my home network. I feel that should be included with the hardware purchase.
We solely access our Pogoplug via wireless laptops (1 x Win7, 1 x Mac). We are having trouble with the Backup routine on our Mac (Lion).
If anyone wants to buy my PINK v.2 Pogoplug, contact "pinkPOGOplug4sale@inboxalias.com"