Pros + atmosphere rich.
+ Wager Matches.
+ Standard but great Single-Player.
+ A.i. Bot mode (training)
+ Zombie mode
Cons - Mediocre graphics.
- Host ended or connection interrupted.
- A lot of angry MW players ruin the fun from time to time.
- A lot of knifing because the game supports that function.
- Some weapons are terrible.
Summary The Single-Player and Online MP is a dime a dozen experience, but it keeps you entertained because of it's variety.
There's a lot to do, it's takes a long time if you want to finish it all.
Treyarch combined world at war with modern warfare 2 so they can satisfy Modern Warfare (MW)and WW2 COD fans.
I'm a WW2 COD fan and Treyarch is better in atmosphere and story than Infinity Ward.
United Offensive, COD2 and World At War are my favorites in the COD serie.
Do not like the modern warfare serie but i like Black Ops from time to time.
I have the pc and ps3 version of Black Ops and prefer the ps3 version because it's less crowded.
Pc version has too many people at the same time, but the pc graphics are so much better.
Had to buy a hd-ready plasma tv with 1080p overscan function so i can play this game with reasonable graphics.
Pros Great story mode! Excellent Multiplayer mode and game play. Fixed many problems of MW2 multiplayer. Added a great variety of maps and game modes.
Cons Terrible graphics: looks very fake and at times sounds fake.
Summary I have really enjoyed this game. One of the best multiplayers around, one of the best and most entertaining games I own. However, this is all if you can get past the terrible graphics. They are quite bad considering how advanced war games have gotten.
Graphics aside, from the perspective of game play it is probably one of the most refined first person shooter games out there.
I especially loved it because it fixed so many of the multiplayer issues MW2 had: noob tubes (grenade launcher splash damage), bullets going around corners, deadly bouncing care packages, camping (being able to stay in one spot and kill enemies), quick scoping snipers (sniping without looking through the rifle), hacking issues, dropped games, lagging, bad respawn locations (reviving in front of or near enemies), and long distance melee kills.
Pros GameStop Is Kind enough to give me a refund.
Cons HORRIBLE (I mean seriously just terrible) multiplayer, tedious Zombies, a campaign that's more movie than game, horrible fanbase/community, pointless DLC.
Summary Let me start by saying that I am a hardcore gamer. Okay?
MW2 Sucked. This sucks worse.
Let's start with the campaign. 80% of it consists of cutscenes. The other 20%? Tedious trudges involving endless clearing of rooms, infinitely respawning enemies, and, in the case of one mission, vague instructions. The story is decent, but as said before, is bogged down by frequent cutscenes and a confusing ending/reveal (without any spoilers, let's just say that somehow someone who is dead can fire weapons and touch the living, despite being dead and being part of someone's hallucination. What? Exactly.)
On to the multiplayer. IT SUCKS. I cannot fully explain the absolute crap that is Black Ops multiplayer. During your online experience, you will encounter only 4 things:
b)Maniacs with shotguns running around and insta-killing everyone.
c)Trolls who kill you in second chance and get revived, stealing the points you would have earned.
d)Noobs on your team that cost you the match.
Zombies is tedious and has no variation. END REVIEW.
Pros Campaign,weapons,zombies,online gameplay, guns
Cons The stages in Modern Warfare 2 were slighltly better than black ops
Summary The game is fun to play and awesome. But, if your concentrated more on the stages, go with Modern Warfare 2
Fun for anyone who like first person
Pros The flow of the game was pretty good. The single player campaign was pretty good. Liked that fact that it lasted longer than a few hours to complete. The multi-player game is plenty of fun, both for game veterans and new comers. Zombie mode is great
Cons Not a lot of things to say bad about the game. If anything at all, the flash backs seemed to run a little long sometimes.
Summary Great game. I love playing it in all modes. This is a must have for anybody that loves fist person shooter games.