Pros Realistic Maps
Cons Way too short!
Summary I love this game but the lack of co-op player mode is dissappointing. The other thing is the game is waaaaay to short!
Pros Tons of content, great campaign storyline. The online mode is wicked, with all sorts of stuff, which expands total game playability to hundreds and thousands of hours. Nice looking graphics.
Cons The online functionality is quite limited due to very unstable connections or rendering or something but it is very annoying. Certain points of "utter unrealism" during online gaming.
Summary I rate video games based on my level of captivation or "addiction" to the game as well as features/content and story-line quality and image and sound quality. I found the single player mode to be excellent and challenging, as well as thorough. All the online playability and expansions are an absolute bonus. The characters look incredibly detailed and aiming is smooth and realistic. The sound effects can be jaw dropping at times especially with surround sound. So overall, I docked off a star only because of the minor but very annoying bugs within the online section of the game. Half star off for connection and rendering instability and half off for the "unrealistic moments".
Pros AMAZING graphics, and the multiplayer is the reason you buy this game and actually play it. The custom kill streaks are great, and now that there aren't as many noobs in the game people don't just get the high kill streaks and own.
Cons People hacked to get higher prestige.
Summary This is easily the best 1st person shooter. This game requires the most skill out of any other 1st person shooter. Most people who pick this game up for a couple of days or a week will not like it online because they get owned, but stick with it and you will find that NO other game compares. This is the most popular game in recent history for a good reason. Most people I know have not even played the campaign. This is a multiplayer game with so many features you won't get bored ever. If people ask why prestige? well, its probably cause they're noobs who just got owned the whole time they played. Campers are easy to take care of because there is only a couple of spots to camp on maps which you will soon learn to check with a stun/flash grenade. I've played the other 1st person shooters and they all seem to lack the fast pace, reality of what a 1st person shooter should bring. People here complain that guns kill too quick, or that they get knifed from distance, or that campers just shoot them... it all sounds like these guys get too low of scores and would rather cry and write a bad review then work on their skills.
Pros Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's campaign mode is pretty good and the gameplay and graphics are mind-blowing in the campaign, the Spc Ops missions are fun and challenging.
Cons The online is one of the worst I've ever played.
Summary This is the first Call of Duty game that I've owned and the first game that I played online. I played Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare at my friend's house before I bought this game. I actually enjoyed the story mode. My favorite mission was Of their Own Accord. The Specs Ops missions were also cool and challenging. Although, the online was a horrible experience for me. This is why the online is a horrible experience:
1. Server lag - this is the result of Infinity Ward's decision to remove dedicated servers for the online. It doesn't matter what platform you own Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for, you're still going to lag, big time.
2. Spawning system - Why should you or I be punished for killing someone or for being killed? The spawning system spawns you near enemies so they get to kill you again, or that you can screw their killstreak.
3. Commando meleeing - The melee range in the online is ridiculously long. The Commando perk makes it even logner. Add in the Marathon and Lightweight perks along with a handgun with the Tactical Knife attachment, and you've got people running around, meleeing people when they're about 2 yards apart.
4. Killstreaks rewards that reqiure a 11 killstreak or higher - These killstreak rewards are simply too overpowered and they easily add on to the nuke for experienced players.
5. Host migration system - This is a good addition to Call of Duty's online, but the host migration system fails to migrate the host half of the time and ends the game with a message that says something like "Error: failed to migrate host".
6. Model 1887 Akimbo - This configuration used to be a nuisance until patch 1887. The gun used to have a ridiculously long range, and with the Akimbo configuration, it was a one-hit-kill and a camper's choice of secondary weapon. Infinity Ward shortened the range in patch 1.07. Although if you use the Bling perk to use Akimbo and FMJ, the results will be similar.
7. Assault rifles - All of the assault rifles, except for the M4A1 are overpowered. They can kill in within as little a fraction of a second even though some assalt rifles require about half of the magazine to kill one enemy.
8. Achievements - The achievements are the reason why most players camp.
9. Painkiller - This deathstreak is worse the Juggernaut perk in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. It only lasts for ten seconds and ends a lot of player's killstreaks.
10. Glitches - This game still has some unpatched glitches that are used by cheaters.
I feel that Infinity Ward put more time and money into developing graphics than other parts of the game. When Infinity Ward released Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, they did something right by budgeting equal time and money into each part of the game. If you compare Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, you'll see that the latter game has better graphics, but the earlier game has better a better online experience. So if you want a Call of Duty game for the online, I would skipping this suggest waiting for Call of Duty: Black Ops, which is being developed by Treyarch. Although, if you don't care about the online and want to play through the campaign and Spec Ops, this game is good buy.
Pros SAVE OUR BELOVED EMPIRE FROM THE COMMIE TERRORISTS
Cons Not a single female in the ENTIRE game
Summary Captain Price is a cool guy and he doesn't afraid of anything