"Point Blank - Simply the BEST!"4.5 starson by 00siris
Pros: Aggresively priced - Brilliantly beautiful screen - Intuitive control settings and placement - Compact Flash Slot - great versatility - great sound
Cons: No kickstand - Poor instructions/documentation out of the box
Summary: I've heard (read) ENOUGH!
Some of you really need to stop rating this thing based on a personal wish list. Sure it would be great if ... However, when you compare this to other machines of the like, it is by far the best bang for the buck - BAR NONE.
Let's first tackle the critism (the unfair criticism).
1) - It's too big. --- too big for what? Sure it's bigger than your Ipod but that doesn't mean that it's too big.
Can it fit in my pocket? - YES - that makes it pocket sized.
Can it fit in my hand confortably? - YES - that means it's hand held. Personally, I think some things are actually too SMALL.
2) - It's not WiFi enabled ... This is true but that's hardly a con. My PSP is WiFi enabled and I barely use that funcionality because the overall design of the unit renders it quite cumbersome. I suspect that WiFi on the ZVW would similarly have very limited advantages as well.
3) - Poor battery life - Maybe it's me, but there's no way anyone can convice me that 13 hours of music or 5 hours of video on one charge is poor battery life. If I listened to music for three hours a day at an average, then it would be 4 days before I started charging again. That's not bad at all.
4) Compact Flash - I read somewhere that the compact flash is really unecessary. It portrudes and can not be considered removable storage and therefore, is a waste. Huh??? Wait a minute! I have a 4 gig Compact Flash card and a CP converter for all my other storage devices. This allows me to be able to go to a photoshoot and quickly view my shots on a beautiful screen. This also allows me to be able to get any media from my friends at any given moment and immediately transfer those files to my unit WITHOUT the use of a computer or laptop (which is really really really big in comparision) and that's considered a waste? - Sheesh.
Yes, there are products that will have better performance in certain areas but I maintain that those areas are very specific and will have poorer results with all other functionality when Juxtapposed to the Vision W.
There are only 2 real cons that I can think of ---> 1) there is no kickstand and 2) although the ZVW is very intuitive, the boxed documentation is really unacceptable. For that reason this rating should really be a 9.5 but CNET doesn't allow for half scores.
Here's what you do get.
1) - A wonderfully beautiful 4.3 inch screen that plays a slew of vid formats. It is also just about the best quality of them all.
2) - An MP3 player that has a variety playback options and playlist setups (including this thing that they dubbed "DJ")
3) - A great FM radio
4) - The device has a Compact Flash slot. Regardless of how some see it, I find this very useful and convenient.
5) - The ability to view files on your television at respectable resolution - WOW
6) - A removable battery. And on top of that, the Vision W's battery automatically charges while hooked up to your computer via USB. That's a really cool convenience.
6) - A whole lot of machine at a fantastic price point. I bought mine from B&H at $279 dollars.
Hope this helps.