Pros Charges ipod and can wake up to any song you want on your ipod
Cons After about a year, buttons for setting alarm and turning alarm off/on started to go. Buttons barely work at all now if/when they work. Wheels for setting time and volume doesn't work now either.
Summary Doesn't last forever, but good product when you first buy it
"Very poor quality"on by straz85
Pros Good alarm, decent sound
Cons Poorly made, takes a long time to adjust time on alarm
Summary I originally had one of these not long after they first came out. After less than a month, it broke. When I put my iPod in it, the time would reset to 12:00. The replacement lasted a little longer, but eventually, the dial to change the alarm with slowly started breaking. Now it's to the point where it takes a good 15 minutes to change the time an hour or two. I would not buy another one.
Pros none it has no pros
Cons its not worth the box they put it in
Summary dont waste your money
Pros You can wake up to your ipod, good sound quality
Cons clock does not keep accurate time, expensive
Summary If you really want to spend the money on speakers for your ipod that you can make up to and use to recharge your ipod then this is for you. The clock does not keep accurate time and slows by about a minute every few weeks, which adds up over time. Personally I have never heard of a $100 clock that doesn't keep accurate time.
Pros good sound for ipods, looks nice, wake up to ipod
Cons practical design not thought through
Summary yes. this is a fully functioning alarm clock. everything works. i wake up to a playlist on my ipod and it AND the radio sound great.
i'll just list the bad things and leave it at that.
1. there are no pre-sets on the radio- you can't program any stations.
2. you can't really turn it off. only by way of turning "sleep" on and letting it turn itself off OR by switching it to "ipod" then taking you ipod out of the unit. it still stays on, but it has nothing to play so..
3. the volume and tuning knobs mean well in their superficial design but are clumsy and don't really turn all that well. and this is flaw that i've seen on all the units i've tested. the knobs are just cheap. *it states on the box that they're "precision" knobs. haha
4. i'd like it to be able to control my ipod with those cheap knobs but it doesn't. the only thing you can do on the unit itself is play and pause the ipod by either switching to the radio or by pressing the ipod button again.
5. the auxiliary plug is a great though, but it can't really handle anything at a moderately quiet to loud volume. it's a shame but really not anything i loose sleep over.
i suppose that's really it. so. maybe save your money and wait for or buy something better. they problem is .. is there?
either way it's not like it's a piece of junk- but for 80 dollars i'd have liked much more.