"Good but beware..."3.0 starson by slink
Pros: Easy to use, pretty display
Cons: Collects personal information, 35MB sits in Windows
Summary: The Harmony represents a very interesting concept and that is a remote control which can be programmed easily by downloading a "profile" of the various electronic equipment you may own. Sounds simple and it can be. While it works reasonably well, there are some items to be aware of.
(1) From a utility standpoint, this remote works well. It's very easy to setup a great deal of the remote using the web software however, the software can be downright confusing and does not include good navigation.
(2) Since they use a web interface, they collect information on all your appliances which no doubt is sold to third parties in some fashion. It was difficult to determine and it would have been MUCH better to download the entire remote database onto your computer.
(3) The software installs a 35 MB program that sits in memory for no reason whatsoever, just to let you know if there is an "update." Not really essential and can't be turned off.
(4) THe remote was designed more to look cool than to feel great. The buttons could be better. Not a horrible dealbreaker but definitely noticeable.
(5) Screen is nice and no need for high resolution. Works fine.
(6) Non-standard rechargeable battery. I hope it never dies since you'll never find the replacement and I can't imagine what Logitech will charge.
(7) No macros such as going through navigation on your unit. You can only use the buttons to program what you would get on the remote control of the unit.
Otherwise a good product but expensive at $200-250. It's disconcerting for them to have a profile of all your electronic purchases that use the remote without any easy to read policy.