"Awsome remote"on by Bigmann
Pros Easy to program,great backlight,Macros,good instruction with dvd.
Cons None ,I could'nt find any yet.
Summary I bought this remote at J&R music world for $130.The day before I had the Harmony 688 the buttons felt cheap they made a clicky sound on every command (annoying). The web interface cool idea but you wont get it perfect Im going to sum it up as a peice of garbage for $200.The urc-300 has a very nice feel to it and can be operated by one hand.When buying a remote always look for the vol,chan,play,ff,rew,stop in the middle of the remote where your thumb lands all the time,especially with DVR,those buttons can be very annoying at the bottom,the urc-300 every button is in the perfect spot.You can progam every button and every touch screen button to the way you want with the learn button, and name it what you want with the edit button.I like the feel of a button remote but the touch screen is good, just gets finger prints,big deal just wipe it.I went with the urc-300 over the urc-200 because you can fit 8 commands per device per page.(5 PAGES).Rather than 5 commands per page .I found the 8 kept me from scrolling to a next page.Its just a little time consuming but you can customize it to exactly the way you want it.It learned evey remote command I gave it,it replaced 4 remotes one of those was cable with DVR.The backlight you can progam it to stay on from 0-99 sec plus you can turn it on and off at any time(will only come on when button is pushed)button is on the side away from all the other buttons PERFECT.The macros are easy to do,they let you turn all your devices on or off with one botton.I strongly recommend this remote for Quality and user friendly.
"Solid Remote"on by johnroth26
Pros This remote is a solid performer. However, there are some cons that would make this remote a hands-down 5 star winner.
Cons See cons below
Summary 1) No PC interface. It would be nice to setup / edit remote settings via a PC interface, which would also allow real-time access to the latest device codes.
2) No ability to edit macros. Macros can be very powerful and can contain up to 190 lines (commands). However, there is no way to edit your existing macro. The options are erase and rerecord (start over). A PC interface could fix this issue.
3) No way to turn off the remote. It continues to display data on the screen 7 x 24. Would be a nice battery saving feature.
4) No way to set a device as a default. As a result, you must select the device from the MAIN screen (TV or Cable) every time to operate your preferred device (e.g. TV).
5) No way to move / rearrange soft device buttons or pages. The only workaround is to add a page 5 for each device and manually program (learn) each new button on that page.
6) Documentation could provide more details and examples. The website does not provide any additional help and the FAQ page on the site is still under construction. No user forum available either.
Pros Replaces many remotes. Easy to program, setup, and use. Many macros, learning, backlight.
Cons none yet
Pros touch screen, easy usability, works with any equipment
Cons no color screen
Summary Works great with all my stuff, TV, DVR, DVD, audio reciever. the touch screen is great also, jsut might be nice if it was a color screen, but i like the navagation of the screen.
Pros It replaced about 4 different remotes. Macros are easy to set up, and the DVD that comes with it is easy to learn from.
Cons Can't think of any.