"hope you didn't throw away your old router because you'll want it back"1.5 starson by irfan_bugmenot
Pros: got online quickly, easy setup, looks cool.
Cons: VERY buggy firmware, buttons on face suck, VPN broken, firewall/security functionality sucks.
Summary: yeah, it looked nice, but i think its a POS. i spent an evening trying to get the darn thing to work. i had no problems getting online or accessing the router administration, but did have the following problems:
1) router "save" feature is broken. have to save things two or more times to take effect.
2) buttons on front of router suck. have to push repeatedly to (as many as 30-40 times) to make them work. ho,ding them down isn't enough - you have to hold them down and/or find that tiny sweet spot on the pad where they work.
3) VPN functionality is broken, or at least is for my Nortel VPN software.
4) Wireless mac filtering functionality is broken. doesn't work as expected.
5) SPI firewall sucks. only protects against a bunch of old denial of service exploits that were all patched in Windows 95.
6) Security log is less than worthless. It deletes logs after an hour, and doesn't display enough info to make the logs of any use. a much better solution is the one i reverted to - linksys router with 3rd party linklogger software.
7) router admin password ************* is not properly documented. due to issue #1 above, that means you may spend hours trying to set or change a password that is not saved properly and won't let you login, and consequently forces you to do a hard reset and start all over again.
8) router runs VERY hot. this will no doubt effect lifespan of device.
9) Belkin support sucks. about the only thing i could understand (Belkin outsourced support to India) was him repeatedly asking me if i could access the net. when i said yes, he replied that the router was working fine then (despite #1-8 above that i politely detailed to him) and that i could not get an RMA. in the end, i was finally able to determine that Belkin apparently knows about all of these issues, and might fix a couple of them sometime down the road, but most likely won't do anything about #1, 2, 5, 6, 8. I'm not going to hold my breath for them to fix #3, 4, 7, 9. this piece of crap goes back to best buy tomorrow and i've already gone back to my very reliable, well-designed, bug-free, much more secure wired and wireless routers ( Linksys WRT54G and BEFSX41).