"belkin wireless router, has misleading lable"0.5 starson by johnrym
Pros: 1. comes with ikea instructions
2. Idiot indicator light is comes in three colors
3. Can be thrown like a frisbee
4.They will send you a new one, and all you have to do is put the old one in the same box to ship back, more on this in the next section
Cons: cons are going at the bottom line summary, there is not enough room in this box to put everything
Summary: 1. 5Ghz does not work and when enabled destroys the wireless range, and 'limited conectivity' to my wired cpuI passed up sex with my girl friend to write my OP. Just though that would show my level of frustration.
2. any setting changed will crash the router
3. the software bundled software sucks, the splash screen always starts at startup nomatter what you do, and resets all my wireless network settings when it starts, so no one else could even use the internet unless I was there to turn it on
4. They want you to pay for shipping back to return this product
5. It cost me 30 dollars for a Comcast tech to come over and tell me that my internet us working fine
6. This router will leave a dent in drywall if thrown hard enough and still works like the day I bought it
7. none of the features worked like the box said it should at any point
8. I forwarded a port for a webcam (crashed the router a few times doing this) and my final attempt I lost all my settings, that I spent with tech support (who never really helped me find any solutions) doing, but my ports were forwarded... weird.
9. The replacement router was installed once, and instantly performed exactly as the old one, I put it back into its box(es) intending to send it back. And reinstalled my first Play router.
Anyway, after I lost all of my settings for the third time, I ripped it from the wall and threw it across my room.
I have spent way too much time, effort, frustration and money(other then the initial cost) over this router. They are both in their boxes and Im on my old router.
I am so aggravated over this product its been about a week since it was hooked up and Im still venting about it.
I also expect belkin to tell me to email them like they have at every other post here, well I have already did that twice, and havent gotten a responce. I dont care about the firmware, I just want the past two months of me being a frustrated douch to my family back.
Updated on Jul 27, 2010