Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN Endpoint
Results 1 of 55
"Amazing small and cheap vpn endpoint"
Pros: VPN endpoint
Cons: buggy firmware, little firewall config settings
Summary: I would recommend this router for families only....especially friends willing to play online games (either XBox PS2 so on, PC...) direct play, not through some third party servers.
The VPN endpoint is a very handy (and at a low cost) integration to the router, which can save many the time and money in learning to setup a VPN server, using 2 NIC's and routing software.
One bug that I've discovered (I will send them an email pretty soon) is that whenever one tries to nslookup a domain, the router reboots.
Problem has been reproduced on at least 5 routers, and is persistent!
I rate this one 8. Good product!
Thanks for your submission!
| Initial Sort Order |
| || Get free shipping on orders over $35.00 || Yes || |
| $24.83 || |
Back to CNET's review of the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN Endpoint
- Release date06/1/03
- Product Description Linksys Instant Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN Endpoint - Router - None - Desktop
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 7.3 in x 6.1 in x 1.9 in
- Connectivity technology Wired
- Data transfer rate 100 Mbps
- Data link protocol Ethernet Fast Ethernet
- Remote management protocol SNMP 2 HTTP Telnet
- Networking standards [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] IEEE 802.3u IEEE 802.3
- Features [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] VPN support Full duplex capability Firewall protection DMZ port DHCP support