"FANTASTIC PHOTO PRINTER"4.5 starson by Chumley
Pros: The best overall prints
Cons: Too heavy for portability
Summary: This printer replaced my old Epson 1270 and it is a much better printer for several reasons.
1. The Kodak prints are much more real looking and have way better shadow depth. The colors are great. Vibrant.
2. With the inkjet if I went a couple weeks without making any prints the heads would clog leaving a mess on the first print or two. Even with head cleaning I still had this problem. The Kodak NEVER has this issue.
3. The Kodak is much easier to control the color match as to what I see on the monitor. There is very little fussing around with color profiles, which was always an issue with the inkjet.
4. The fading problem with the inkjet was a real headache for me. The Kodak has a transparent layer over the top to resist fading and also repel water and finger prints.
5. I was always replacing the color cartridge on the Epson. It didnt hold enough ink for what they were charging in my opinion. With the Kodak, the expense per print seems to be less although I can not confirm this.
I now have a laser printer for documents and the Kodak 1400 for pictures. I dont ever plan on going back to the inkjet way of printing.
This is a very well made "professional" Photo Printer.