"Glossy Apple has a sour taste for corporate use."1.0 starson by ski-coach
Pros: Slick user interface ... on the skin. Just don't look to the core.
You can find the nearest Starbucks using the map application.
Great graphic detail when browsing.
Flips between 3G and Wireless on the fly, but you can't tell it which you want
Cons: iPhone has some cool tools that Apple-heads will love to show you ... like finding the nearest Starbucks. But corporate users will be wanting for REAL productivity basics that have been available on other smartphones for years (Palm, Blackberry).
Summary: 1) Single level "springboard" (home screen), so you can't organize your applications into sub-folders or categories. It is like only having the ?ALL? option on a Palm Treo
2) Email is very limited in capability. For example, there is no ability to "select all" within an email folder, so cleaning out SPAM folder is a tedious task. Nor can you search your emails in any way. Email does not synchronize with Outlook (only contacts and calendar).
3) Contacts can only be displayed by name, not by company;
4) Can not search for contacts with the keyboard, so if you have a lot of contacts, you have to scroll through your address book until you find it
4) Can't move applications to large memory block (phone is partitioned)
5) When browsing, can't set zoom level and stay there. You have to keep zooming in/out as pages change
6) Battery life is dismal when you actually use the phone for anything, and the battery is soldered to the phone, so replacement is a major task and there is no possibility of having a spare battery to swap
7) There is no slot for external memory (Micro SD)
8) No video or voice recorder and there is no zoom (or any other controls) for the camera
9) Volume on speaker phone is so low it can't be used
10) Glossy surface and rounded shape means that it scratches almost immediately, so you're going to get a cover anyway. Apple could have saved us all the time and effort by adhering to "function over form" adage
11) Typing on the touch screen keyboard is inconsistent and a stylus (or long finger nails) can't be used because of technology utilized
12) No snooze option for calendar events
13) Only one application can be open at a time, so if the phone rings, you lose whatever you were in, such as creation of a calendar event
14) No JAVA/Flash so you lose out on a lot of web content