Pros One device that replaces many others, an organized mini-computer
Cons Absolutely nothing wrong with replacing half a dozen products with a single iPhone
Summary For many years of my life, I have been using half a dozen products.
* Cell Phone
* GPS Navigation
* iPod Touch
* DVD Player
* Digital Camera
* Digital Camcorder
The iPhone 4S is all of those products (plus many more) all wrapped up into one, so let's dive right in, shall we?
1. Cell Phone -- The call quality is incredible. I'll never forget the first phone call I made (from my car) listening to the incredible sound clarity of the call.
Also, it has the new Bluetooth 4.0 technology and integrates with my vehicle Bluetooth perfectly. In fact, when I use the voice-activated "Siri Personal Assistant", I speak to my car (not the phone) and Siri understands me.
The included earphones includes the speaker, so you can use it hands-free while on the go.
2. GPS Navigation -- With an optional vehicle mount, this will function with the right (optional) application (app). Combined with Siri voice control, this device exceeds my expectations of what to expect from a GPS navigation system.
3. iPod Touch -- The iPhone does everything the iPod Touch can do many times better with a much faster A5 dual-core processor. From listening to your music, to photos, to videos, to web browsing and everything else, you really can carry less and have more.
4. DVD Player -- with the optional A/V adapter combined with an HDMI cable, this has replaced my BlueRay Player for full DVD functionality for a full 1080P HD experience.
Popcorn not included.
5. Digital Camera -- Oh sure, it does not have a mega-zoom lens, but it certainly has 8 megapixels, improved sensor for low-light photography, HDR photo technology and when combined with the (optional) Photo stream service with iCloud integration, all photos taken can instantly sync with all of your other Apple devices.
With this wireless integration, it also replaces memory cards and those dreadful adapters!
Did I mention that it includes two cameras?
6. Digital Camcorder -- Make no mistake about it, this camcorder can record a full 1080P HD video at 30 Frames-Per-Second.
With two cameras, there are more opportunities than ever!
Now you would think with all of those features, that would be the limit, but truth be told -- there are no limits to what you can do.
With the incredible App store, you can purchase additional apps. In fact, many fine apps are actually free of charge.
With the wonderful Siri personal assistant, just speak in natural language to do many tasks.
Need an alarm clock? Just ask, "Siri, wake me up at 5:30 AM tomorrow".
Need an oven timer? Just ask, "Siri, set the timer for 20 minutes".
The possibilities are endless with what you can do.
This product is just incredible and if you are shopping for someone, looking for a gift, if they already own one, there are dozens of fine accessories that would make affordable gifts, because most people will purchase this long before the holidays.
Pros -Great speed, despite not having 4G
-Quality build, love the size!
Cons -Battery life could be "a little" better
-Screens are not very customizable
-No Flash player
Summary Upgraded from Droid Incredible to the 4S. I am very happy with the phone so far. I love the size and build of the phone - sturdy feel and I like that it fits easily into my pocket (unlike the newer Droids - those phones are getting way too big). The camera takes excellent pictures! Siri is a great feature - both entertaining & a helpful assistant. The keyboard is the best of all the virtual keyboards I've tried - I no longer miss having a physical keyboard. Browsing speed is fast enough for me. I haven't seen 4G in action, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. Many people are saying the battery life on the 4S is poor, but it beats the crap out of any battery in any of the Droids I've owned (I've had 3 different ones). I had to charge those phones at least twice per day. I charge this phone overnight and can "typically" (but not always) get through a day without charging. I would like to see a more consistent battery life, but I don't think it's awful. Lack of Flash Player is disappointing, but not a deal-breaker. I do miss the customizable screens on Droid phones - they had so many themes and widgets to choose from, whereas the iPhone doesn't offer these things. Overall though, I think this is a great phone. No phone is perfect, but this is as close to perfect vs. any other smartphone I've had.
Pros - Very well built device!
- Only phone to feature Siri (no app compares!)
- Beautiful screen and sound quality!
- Camera and video are superb!
- IOS 5 is very user friendly
- Dual Core Processer
- Best Apps of any device
- Excellent for Email &
Cons - Battery life is suspect, waiting for software update (hopefully this week) to fix it.
- Not 4G but can wait on that as the browsing experience is still quick overall
- I would have liked a slightly larger screen but that is just being selective as the
Summary Quality(Apple) over quantity(Android). I switched from the Droid 2 which was a good device but after a year of use my Motorola power button was wearing out and the phone was outdated. I researched all the phones on the market including upcoming phones and the Iphone 4s made sense. I know the upcoming Android Nexus and Razr will have impressive specs but no device is built as well as the Iphone. It feels like a quality expensive phone in my hand and is built to last(bought an otterbox case to keep my phone safe). I surprisingly do not miss having a pull out QWERTY keyboard. I use Siri in moderation and enjoy it; a feature that is exclusive to the Iphone 4s(don't let anyone sell you on Android has Apps for that!)so even as technology advances rapidly the Iphone 4s will still have a feature that no other phone has. I find the IOS 5 operating system more user friendly and better for my business/email/social media needs than my old Android device. I have also owned a Blackberry in the past and I think there best days are behind them. ICloud, Itunes and many online sites make the Apple experience more enjoyable than Android devices as well. Bottom line is if you are looking for a quality phone build to last with a top notch camera and features that will remain current as technology advances, the Iphone 4s is for you! Best smart phone and at a better price than the top Android phones!
Pros It is a phone for fun and gaming
Cons There are problem filled in it
Summary iphone 4s is facing battery drainage problems, network breaks every time while traveling, the phone speaker are of very low quality, siri reboots the total device if assisted.
iphone 4s is one of the worst mobile phones that are market smartly.
Th actual truth is iphone 4s is not a smartphone rather more for games and fun utility.
Pros Old proven slow and steady technology, good for only facebook
Cons Missing cutting edge large display, removable batteries, SD card, Free apps
Summary It's so hard to navigate, I used to search and hold on 3yr old HTC incredible, Navigate to airport, and it took me back.. nothing like that. Your Siri will show google map, but then you are on your own to take it to mapquest, and mapquest sucks too..
Miss widgets, Can't put my Pandora player on home screen or Photo slideshow, specially hate this icons that I have to arrange in grid
Patheticc speeds compared to my friends on their 4g devices, its like dial up compared to cable/DSL.
Tiny screen, seems like less than half the viewing page while reading web page or ebooks or watching Youtube.
I wish someone can buyback this and get back my HTC Incredible..