"Small Screen, Siri is Useless, but Awesome Otherwise"4.0 starson by Thom_Katt
Pros: 1) Excellent Camera
2) Sleek Hardware Design
3) Ease of Use
4) App Availability
Cons: 1) Tiny 3.5" screen
2) Fragile Design
4) Siri is Virtually Useless
5) Limited Customization Options
Summary: Pros:There is now an Amazon Instant Video app for iPhone.
I'll make this part simple: It's the iPhone. It's gorgeously designed, easy to use, has an awesome camera, and all the apps you could want (although personally, I wouldn't mind an iPhone version of the Amazon Instant Video app). It's everything you'd expect an iPhone to be. I like my 4S for all those reasons. That doesn't mean I don't have my complaints.
1) Siri -- Siri's viability as a practical voice command/search function is severely limited, especially given all the hype. This is a big deal for me. I used Google Voice commands almost daily on my old Android phone with little to no problem. Siri is a joke by comparison. Dictating navigation commands while driving typically takes 2-3 tries of me enunciating the address differently and half the time I have to pull over and type in the address. Voice search is a similar story. Creating reminders and dictating calls works better, but it's very frustrating when I need it to work and it doesn't, to the point that I have called Siri names...yes, Siri, you're stupid.
2) Screen -- Coming from a 4.5" Android phone, the iPhone 4S's display is teensy weensy. Watching Netflix, browsing the web, or trying to read ebooks is just painful. Texting is not as much of an issue, surprisingly. The iOS keyboard is really nice, although it comes with a slight learning curve if you're used to Android keyboads.
3) Fragile Design -- The phone is gorgeous, but good luck noticing when it's in an otterbox 24/7. Drop it once without one and the glass on the front and the back shatters. It's happened to many of my friends who are iPhone owners, and it better not happen to me, because I don't have insurance.
4) Pricey -- There are comparable Android Phones with more features and expandable storage priced significantly less than the iPhone, although the 4S is now much less expensive on-contract since the iPhone 5 was released.
5) It's a minor complaint, but iOS obviously lacks the android-style customization, widgets, etc. Themes, third party messaging apps and keyboards aren't really an option.
Updated on Dec 16, 2012
Also, another complaint I'll mention is the inability to uninstall or at least hide or archive pre-installed apps like the Newsstand, Video player, Stocks, Weather, etc. It's wasted space.