"i4S Wifi dropout-lockup bug, Siri not so hot."2.0 starson by JDebes1
Pros: Continues with the traditional advantages of the iPhone4
The screen pixel density is very high & display of photo detail from camera excellent
It's a little faster than the 4
The increased memory is nice though lack of an SD card is annoying
Cons: Wifi lock-ups noted in two separate trail phones required phone Power-Off/Power On.
Wifi lock-up occurrences with Bluetooth headsets & Skype.
Apple 'Genius' support was unable to diagnose and fix the wifi issue.
Overall substandard for Apple
Summary: I had high hopes for the quality and features off the 4s but I have to say that I believe this phone does not appear to have been tested and debugged as carefully as most other Apple products. It is interesting that this is the first iPhone product to be released around the time of Steve Jobs's death. Did he traditionally help assure the rigor of Apple product quality, & testing?
Here are some of the bugs that I have noted:
1) Wifi locks up with WiFi applications (like Skype) and this seems to happen more often with use of Bluetooth . This lock-up requires reboot of the phone to restore the phones reception of WiFi (for any Wifi Signals reception). Apple service was unable to solve the Wifi Problem. (two phones had he same issue, they exchanged my first problematic phone for a new i4s)
2) Siri assistant isn't very refined, it often fails in noisy environments, questions have to phrased just-so or Siri misunderstands and provides the wrong answer.
3) Siri only works with carrier data "On" even if you are asking to play self-contained (phone stored) music library.
4) The battery life is limited and drains very fast if all transceivers are left on. (even if nothing is actively in use) Where is the equivalent of 'Energy Star' / fast wakeup mode such as in plug-in products like HP printers? Increasing the battery size would help, but other design innovations could be done to conserve phone battery life.
5) The phone is prone to "pocket dialing" , I think even more so than the 4 was.
6) Itunes is an ugly PC interface, and iTunes is part of the phone package that you have to deal with. It could be enough to discourage someone from buying this phone.
Stick to a iPhone 4 if you have one, or if you are looking to get a new smart phone. The 4 is a great phone.