"Great phone that could have been better"4.0 starson by silal
Pros: - Excellent indoor screen
- Loud speakers
Cons: - Battery life
- Problem viewing screen in sunlight
- Odd accelerometer that only rotates left and not right
- The iPhone has better and more applications
- The keyboard, while nice, isn't as user-friendly as the iPhone's
Summary: I was totally bowled over by the phone when I was purchasing it. It did live up to its expectations in most regards but there are a few things that could have made this phone even better. I also have an iPhone 3GS so most of my comparisons come from there:
1. The speakers are super loud which comes in handy at times.
2. Android is obviously better than iPhone's OS. Period.
3. The level of customization is mind-blowing. You're bound to run out of home screens.
1. While the 3GS's battery isn't that much better I can still get away with not charging it for a day or even two. I have to charge the Desire at least once a day, especially if the screen brightness is higher which is a necessity in daylight.
2. The screen is quite nice but only for indoor use. As soon as I take it outside it's a dud! With the battery problem I have to keep the brightness at a minimum. So I have to readjust the brightness every time I take it outside.
3. My accelerometer only works if I turn the phone to its left and not the other way. Why is that?
4. The iPhone has a much larger variety of applications with much better graphics. The same games available for Android aren't that much fun (e.g. Monopoly: Here & Now)
5. The iPhone's keyboard is somehow much easier to type on.
6. I still have some problems with all the different places that the contacts are synced with. We obviously have a choice, but it was a challenge to figure these things out initially. Also, I'm quite confused between "Phone" and "My Phonebook" - what's the difference?
Despite all the cons that I've listed here, it's still a great phone. But for those thinking of buying it right now, I'd recommend waiting for the Desire HD instead.