"Google Calendar Sync works great!"5.0 starson by blind_ferret
Pros: The Android platform needed to move to the 1 GHz Snapdragon with a screen at least as good as the iPhone 3GS. They've done it. Android has arrived. Now on to Tablets, Netbooks, and Car Systems (Ford).
Cons: How to get this in the hands of the average joe, hasn't quite been smoothed out.
Summary: The secret / paradigm of the Android O/S is:
1) You Sync your Outlook Calendar with iGoogle/Calendar (applet on the Google Lab, & option), then its automatically Sync'd with the Android phone (2-way).
2) You manage your contacts in Gmail (iGoogle/Gmail) and they are automatically Sync'd with the Android phone (2-way).
Now the missing piece, "the Outlook/Contacts to Gmail/contacts"
- A Google Lap applet to sync Outlook Contacts to iGoogle/Gmail/contacts, which would then be automatically Sync'd with the Android phone (2-way).
Its this paradigm,
Microsoft Outlook\(Contacts, Calendar) Sync's with iGoogle\(Contacts, Calendar), which Sync's with Android phone.
Google, is just a little late filling in the missing link.
- Calendar works Great! (love it)
- Contacts is a little late to the party.