"Great phone for the Non contract crowd."4.0 starson by MenoSteel
Pros: 1. Android ICS
2. Fast quick Camera
3. HD video
4. fast GPS
5. decent battery life
6. Size just right. Retina like screen
8. solid elegant construction.
9. 'chin' allows speaker to always be heard
10. NO CONTRACT!
Cons: 1. Battery non replaceable. I'm looking at you iPhone
2. Does lag when using multiple apps or 3d apps.
3. Camera takes a second or two to get color right in certain lighting.
4. Pro/con. Uses Sprint's 3g network. No 4g phone here.
Summary: I was a long time Verizon Wireless user. However, every upgrade it seemed I had to pay more. I have no regrets switching to Virgin Mobile. If you have to have the latest greatest phone, then look elsewhere. Nor is this a heavy duty 3D gamer phone. However it does everything well. It does not handle too much multitasking without a bit of lag.
If you're looking for a solid phone with the latest Android software and a camera that works well and GPS that is actually useful, look into this little gem. The screen is excellent without feeling like you're carrying around a minitablet. Besides, how many of us actually watch 3hr movies on our phones anyway.
If you want the top end no contract phone, it's $650 iPhone 4s. If you want a large screen, get the Evo for $300. But if you want a solid if not spectacular phone that does the job, this $199 is well worth it.