"HTC Status is the Most Pathetic phone ever!!"0.5 starson by jimhtcisbad
Pros: Real Keyboard Entry
Cons: Constant Memory Issues- See Summary Below
Summary: I. Customer Service?
I have learned first hand why AT&T continues to rank last among national carries in customer service.
I have visited my local retail office(Fort Smith, Ar) and told them about my issue.
They told me they only thing they could do is to reset my phone. They said it was an HTC problem and that I should call them direct at 1-800-331-0500.
I contacted HTC and they informed that there are no patches or updates to the phone to solve the issues and that I would have to continuously have to reset the cache for all programs on the phone. If I wanted the phone replaced I would have to deal with AT&T.
The week of of November 30th I received a call from Tagon" in ATT customer service. I explained to him the issues. He said he was going research the issue and call me back with the names of the contacts that I needed. I never had back from him
II. Buggy Issues
1. Has an irritating problem while typing text messages. As you type messages it sometimes throws you out of your text message box in the middle of a typing stroke. Very frustrating.
2. If you are in the middle of typing a message you will have it all wiped out if a new call or message arrives while typing. Again very Irritating.
III. OUT Of Memory ERROR-- the big one
1. OUT of Memory Error: I repeatedly had to go into programs and delete programs and data several times per week. On Android Forums this problem with HTC is one of the biggest threads.
2. The memory error would give you a routine that was supposed to clear up the error. Very seldom did it address the memory issue.
3. Appears that HTC has some software issues yet they continue to allow the phone to be shipped and sold.
4. I called tech support for HTC 1-866-449-8358. I hoped they might have some patch or update. Nothing, the tech guy simply walked me through the data deletion routine.
5. The phones are being sold as something they are not. The are almost non functioning for practical every day use.
6. My phone shows 138 Meg used of 150 Megs available.... (I have downloaded 21 applications six of which are Google related . ) A 2010 Neilson Study showed smart phone users downloading an average of 27 apps to their phone, which is up from 22 in December 2009. According to Nielsen, which conducted a survey among 4,000 mobile subscribers, the iPhone not surprisingly led the pack with users downloading an average of 40 apps. Android came in second with 25 downloads per device,
150 Megs!!! HTC is too smart to have not know this was insufficient.. It was flawed at development and they knew it when they put it on the market. They have dupped the entire market with faulty products.
IV. Poor Battery Performance:
Ive had a lot of smart phones Treo, Blackberry, I-phone, and the HTC STATUS is by far the worst performer with regards to battery life.
In summary this phone should have never been on the market.
Randall Stephenson, AT&T CEO
phone: 210-351-5401 (direct to his secretary)
alternate phone: 210-821-4105 (headquarters, press 3, ask for Mr. Stephenson's office)
175 E. Houston
San Antonio, TX 78205