"Much Improved Over Treo 700p"3.5 starson by jmanstarr
Pros: Smaller size; Pre-installed software; New Micro-SD Configuration
Cons: Keyboard a tad stiff; battery life disappointing
Summary: Very please with new Centro. All the same features as previous versions, but pre-installed IM and Google Maps is very convenient.
- New size is GREAT in the pocket
- New Micro SD is great, especially now that slot is protected. My cards always popped out on Treo 650/700.
- New look is refreshing for long-time Treo owner.
- Screen is more vibrant
- Bluetooth MUCH more reliable than on 650/700p. Its actually useable.
- Keyboard is definitely smaller, which would be okay if keys responded with less pressure.
- Battery life is supposed to be on-par with Treos, but my Centro seems to eat battery at 2x rate.
- My wife wants me to upgrade her too
I bought the Centro after loosing my mind on the road with my 700p crashing every five minutes. I take good care of my phones but I have swapped out 4 700p's in 18 months due to ROM and other failures. The 700p is by far the worst PDA/Phone combo I have ever owned, and I hate maintaining them for my mobile staff.
Not worth upgrade unless having issues with other Treos like me. Still better than Blackberry and Windows OS phones for longtime Palm user.
Previous PDA Phones: 700p, 650, 600, Kyocera Smartphones