"What is everyone complaining about?"5.0 starson by Tekkie79
Pros: Display, Keyboard, Software, EDGE, Reception, E-Mail
Cons: Lockups, Size, Ringers, Carrier/Palm Support
Summary: All that, and then some!! No Regrets!!
I'm not going to re-state what everyone else has said, so I'll refer to the things I like the most, the least, and defend some false issues. Keep in mind, this is the 10th phone I've had in a year (I'm VERY picky). I've been searching for the perfect phone and this is the closest out there.
In Defense -
Everyone constantly complains about things like quadband, battery life, no megapix camera, no universal translator, no WI-FI, no Voice Recorder, Carrier/Palm support and hold times, price, etc.. etc.. I can go on and on. A-lot of people just have seriousally unrealistic expectations. The phone is for PIM and phone calls. This is a total luxary item. Show me a product which can do IT ALL VERY WELL?!?! It doesn't exist, but in my experience the 650 comes the closest I think.
1) Browser - Who needs a PC? It's that good!
2) Voice Connect - Had to buy it, but it is well worth it!!
3) Apps - Gobs and gobs of apps
4) Camera - Takes great PICS and you can Zoom and move the pic view around.
5) EDGE - I constantly us it as a wireless modem with PDANet (recommended)
6) Touch Screen - Need I say more?
7) Keyboard - Feels nice, easy to use
8) Reception - This thing works in places my other phones didn't
1) Speakerphone could be better, but is OK
2) Have to reset it every few days, but is WAY more reliable than a Windows mobile device
3) Size - It is big, but it is also a PDA..I'll get over it
4) No native Graffiti App - I just got a freeware app called Graffiti Anywhere. The device supports Graffiti by default, just no app is installed.
5) Ringers - They mostly suck. I haven't figured out how to get others on there yet.
6) Call Quality - Sometimes the calls sound tinny. Not quite as good as Ericsson or Motorola but better then most.
To defend the battery life, as soon as I turned off bluetooth and IR receive (when I didn't need it) the phone could go 2-3 days without having to charge. I also installed a freeware app called KB Lights Off which automatically turns the keyboard light off and on depending on if I'm using it or not. The phone also feels a little different when talking, but I'll get used to it.
If you don't believe me, try doing half the things you can do on this phone on a Windows Mobile, Symbian or standard cell phone. The Windows devices are SLOW and constantly crash. The Symbian devices have rare and expensive software. You can forget about everything on a standard cell phone. Try it!!