"Fantastic piece of hardware and software"5.0 starson by animageofmine
Pros: performance, smooth as silk UI, Xbox, Office, Zune (finally will get rid of iTunes), awesome display screen, light weight and sleek
Cons: some missing features like tethering, custom ringtones, but they are all software fixes. So, hopefully they will be fixed soon in upcoming releases
Summary: I have an iPhone and I got this phone. As soon as I saw it, I got attracted to it. I played with and after a week of debate, I got this phone. Since it comes with only 8 GB of memory, I added 8 Gb SDHC Kingston class 4 micro SDcard and reset the phone and it works perfecly fine, though Microsoft does not recommend it. It is just a hack with works without any hassles. Following are the things I love about this phoneslockwood83, it might be too late to reply...but you would not repent at all if you buy this one. I have it since 2 months now and absolutely love it. iPhone is also great, one advantage of iphone is more apps, but now after 3 months of launch of windows phone it already has about 7 thousand apps and most of them are quality apps, which is more important. I am a happy customer of Windows Phone/Samsung Focus.
1) UI is actually smooth as silk. The welcome screen is also very b'ful and informative. It can show you your emails, missed calls, Voicemails, messages, meetings without locking the phone
2) Xbox games are simply awesome. I guess, we all know about this. It is a bug plus while traveling, total time pass
3)Office is a very useful feature for enterprise and even end users. I generally use one note and excel and its actually good on the mobile too since the screen size of this phone is large enough to edit office docs
4) Zune is one of the best features of this phone. I bet, if you use Zune software, you will realize how crappy iTunes is. You can get Zune Pass with 10 DRM free songs and unlimited access to music in marketplace per month. The background pictures (album art) just blows me away while using Zune. Love this.
5) Bing is another thing I loved on my iPhone. I used Bing app on my iPhone and its super awesome. Google is also perfect, but I don't miss Google anymore.
6) There are about 3000 apps currently, just after a few days of launch of the phone. This clearly shows the interest of developers. And all the good apps are already there in the marketplace.
7) The camera of the phone seems pretty good (havn't used it extensively yet).
8) Find my phone is a great feature, though I am not activating it at this point of time.
What I think could be a scope of improvement
1) should support tethering---I read there is a hack for this, but they should support this unlike iPhone
2) Better way to manage contacts. I have contacts on windows live and outlook. They both are syc'd to the phone because Windows live is required for Xbox login and Outlook also has my list of contacts. I can't opt of one of these accounts to manage my contacts. I guess this is a simple software fix, but I hope they will come out with it soon. iPhone has the same thing :(
Overall, I am very happy with this phone. The performance of the phone is really good and one of the reasons I got this phone is, its different. Everyone has iPhone. This is different and awesome.
Updated on Feb 9, 2011