"A Good Entry Android Phone!"4.0 starson by Earl_C
Awesome flexible plans with no contract
No blowware installed
Cons: Fixed focus low res cam (2MP) no LED
SIM card embedded
Summary: I've been using this phone for a few days now and here are the pros and cons.Edit Link
- Awesome flexible plans with no contract, you can switch between plans to fit your needs on monthly basis.
- Attractive design & compact size
- Good speed, not the slowest nor the fastest, somewhere in between (as May 2011)
- No blowware installed, good job Boost Mobile
- Clear sound for phone calls & decent music player
- Fixed focus low res cam (2MP) no LED. It takes OK pics in a good lighting environment, video quality is unusable. My biggest issue is that it CAN'T read standard bar code, due to it's fixed focal lens. But it reads QR code without any problem.
- CDMA network, which is a somewhat outdated network system. Most of countries are using GSM network, so it won't work outside of US even if you unlock it.
- SIM card embedded, that means it can only be used on Boost Mobile network, maybe Sprint...BTW, Boost Mobile is using Sprint's network. You can't transfer contacts from your SIM card phone easily.
- Screen resolution. It's not really a con, but it might be if you're used to hi end smart phones. It's the same resolution as 2gen ipod touch.
- Battery, this is an issue with all smart phones.
Overall, I highly recommend it for causal users. Check out its coverage in your area before hand though.
Things you would need to buy, if you plan to use this phone.
- Micro SDHC, 2/3 of its internal RAM is occupied by OS and others. 2GB Micro SDHC that came with the phone is not going to be enough for most people. Make sure you get the Class 6 or above version of Micro SDHC. It makes noticeable difference in speed.
- Car charger, they're not all the same. The main difference is how much power the charger provides. If you get one that provides minimum power, then your phone won't be charging much while the phone is using GPS & 3G for navigation. Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger This seems to be a good one.
- extra battery, if you're always on the phone.
*** P.S. If you will buy this Smartphone I suggest you have compare price before you decide at: www.amazon.com/gp/*************?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%****%2Foffer-listing%2FB004Z7HYUI%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Ddp_olp_new%26condition%3Dnew%23&tag=***************&********=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957
Updated on Oct 28, 2011
I suggest for best deal at amazon's store, short link here --> http://galaxy-prevail.hit.to