"Svelt and sexy as you can get with WinMo6"4.0 starson by robstak
Pros: Sexy, small, WinMo6 Pro, responsive.
Cons: No physical keyboard, proprietary USB jack, no tehtering
Summary: So I made the plunge today upgrading from xv6700 Apache and here are my first impressions (I'm trying to add to bonnie's already stellar review):
1. Sexy as all get out. The white plastic is sweet (will prolly get dirty)
2. Touch Flow works well, faster than Sprint's Touch I think.
3. Typing, so far is a nightmare :/ I miss my keyboard, but I'll get used to it and or download a new keyboard program. Touch does come with 2 custom thumb friendly keyboards but they are predictive and that annoys me. I want a snap on keyboard.
4. Sound quality is much better than 6700, I constantly got complaints about my 6700. Speakerphone is LOUUUD.
5. Windows 6: Camera program is MILES better. HTC home screen is intuitive and easy to use with thumbs. Start menu is huge and finally thumbable. Browsing internet is much better. HTC added flick browsing like the iphone; this is a great feature, but I've had some trouble with responsiveness. Still a welcome feature. No pinch zooming etc. Browsing pictures is like iphone too with flick browsing.
6. Screen is crisp, could be a LITTLE more responsive, but I don't think it's as bad as ppl have made it out to be in other reviews. Being flush with the rest of the phone makes thumbing MUCH easier.
7. The USB jack is proprietary!! You need an adapter just to charge it! It comes with a Y adapter that splits to normal mini USB and mini phono jack. Don't lose the ridiculous USB dongle! vvtf.
8. 200$ with upgrade and 50$ MIR.
9. The internet sharing program has been removed (stupid verizon) as they want to charge you 15$ extra per month to tether.
So there are some pretty interesting and novel annoyances, but it's just so small and sexy, I think I'll be able to move beyond these shortcomings and enjoy the phone. I'll post back after I've gotten the chance to use it more...Updated
I still love it, though. I just got bluetooth headphones so I wouldn't have to mess with them anymore. I'm totally going to lose that stupid dongle tho...