Pros Realistic, spacious, lifelike and seamless surround sound (Just as they market!!!)
Beautiful aesthetic design
World famous brand; Keeps its value
Highest possible WAF :)
..now for all these, Bose AM6 III is definitely well worth the price tag.
Cons Speaker brackets are sold seperately and are quite expensive.
Summary All major speaker manufacturers keep coming up with new products, while Bose stays with the main range of its products simply because it still sells like hell! Having said that, people are not silly to fall for mere marketing especially when they have access to product reviews and technical information like never before... think about it!
I have owned Bose AM16, AM10, 301, AM3 models in the past. I love owning and trying various brand products and have owned very nice speaker systems from Polk, KEF, JBL, Boston Acoustics and Jamo paired up with large subs from REL, Jamo and Yamaha. I can honestly say that Acoustimass 6 Series III is the most impressive speaker system I have owned for the size and in its price. It is very important to note that I have always hooked my speakers with good receivers from Onkyo, Yamaha or Denon. In my opinion, Bose speakers match best with Onkyo receivers. I am currently using AM6 with Onkyo TXSR805 THX receiver in 16'X12' room which is an absolutely stunning combination and is miles better than top notch Cinemas I have been to,? just awesome experience.
As an electronics engineer, I can go on about limitations of small speakers and advantages of larger speaker systems, but I believe that movies and music are meant for entertainment and Bose does the job better than most speaker systems out there; ears being the best judge.
Pros Great Sound for Small Living Room
Cons Not a high end system
Summary This is a great speaker system for a Small Living room 12X10 types room. Need a good Amplifier to get the best out of this speaker system .
Pros Compact, realistic natural sound, good power handling
Cons price, no mounts included
Summary The only reason I didn't give this system a ten is because it's a bit on the pricy side. However, it is by far the best sounding system out for its price & size. I have sold home theater for many years. I have though about getting this system for some time, but I thought I should wait to get the 10 series. I finally broke down and brought it home, plugged it into my Yamaha... WOW. It sound amazing and has met all my expectations. I have a average size living room and this system has plenty of sound to fill it. I am also amazed at the bass response. Very deep and clean. The display set up at the store just do not do these guys justice!!!!
Pros 1. Easy installation all wires are marked and color coded.
2. Excellant sound considering the size of the speakers.
3. Surround sound gives a theatre experiance.
4. Priced well - Acustimass 6 with Pioneer VSX-822k 5.1 receiver $800 @ local Costco.
Cons Not suited for people looking for a direct high end sound system.
Summary 1. No one system is best for everyone each person's hearing is different.
2. There are 2 types of speaker dynamics direct sound and reflective sound if you like direct sound where you sit in one place and hear high end sound this system is not for you. If you enjoy a concert hall or theatre type of sound then Bose is an excellent choice.
3. Most of the reviews state Bose is expensive, Bose is not cheap but neither is quality. The Bose system is backed by a 5 year guarantee and excellent customer service. They have technical people to help you position the speakers properly over the phone. I have a set of 901 speakers from the early 70's and they stil sound like when I first purchased them.
4. I have had many systems over the years and in the end I come back to Bose for that theatre experience. It is not that Bose is bad for direct sound it's just you can pay less for that specific experience and get the same sound quality.
5. Since everyone hearing and taste is different it is best to purchase any system where you can return it with no re-stocking fees. Bose direct sales offer a money back guarantee.
6. In the end purchasing speaker system is a matter of taste. I was in an electronic store the other day and one of the sales persons had me listme no several cube systems in a sound room and told me how poor sounding Bose was. After hearing several cube systems I walked out on the show room floor to leave and heard what I thought were motorcycles comming to surround me, it was a Bose system! Sales people and reviewers can not tell you what will sound good for you only you can determine that.
Pros Great sound, easy to connect, well built.
Cons A little pricey but worth it.
Summary I've been a big Bose fan for many years, and the Acoustimass 6 system certainly lives up to my expectations. A great looking, well built set of speakers, with a unique and convenient wiring set up, these little guys [and the hefty sub] deliver clean, crisp audio faithfully from all sources. I find the bottom end quite sufficient. I have them paired to an Onkyo receiver, and enjoy the sound reproduced from TV, DVD's, CD's and satellite. Great speakers at the price point.