"Bose Love or Hate Them A Matter of Taste"5.0 starson by oldtech45
Pros: 1. Easy installation all wires are marked and color coded.
2. Excellant sound considering the size of the speakers.
3. Surround sound gives a theatre experiance.
4. Priced well - Acustimass 6 with Pioneer VSX-822k 5.1 receiver $800 @ local Costco.
Cons: Not suited for people looking for a direct high end sound system.
Summary: 1. No one system is best for everyone each person's hearing is different.
2. There are 2 types of speaker dynamics direct sound and reflective sound if you like direct sound where you sit in one place and hear high end sound this system is not for you. If you enjoy a concert hall or theatre type of sound then Bose is an excellent choice.
3. Most of the reviews state Bose is expensive, Bose is not cheap but neither is quality. The Bose system is backed by a 5 year guarantee and excellent customer service. They have technical people to help you position the speakers properly over the phone. I have a set of 901 speakers from the early 70's and they stil sound like when I first purchased them.
4. I have had many systems over the years and in the end I come back to Bose for that theatre experience. It is not that Bose is bad for direct sound it's just you can pay less for that specific experience and get the same sound quality.
5. Since everyone hearing and taste is different it is best to purchase any system where you can return it with no re-stocking fees. Bose direct sales offer a money back guarantee.
6. In the end purchasing speaker system is a matter of taste. I was in an electronic store the other day and one of the sales persons had me listme no several cube systems in a sound room and told me how poor sounding Bose was. After hearing several cube systems I walked out on the show room floor to leave and heard what I thought were motorcycles comming to surround me, it was a Bose system! Sales people and reviewers can not tell you what will sound good for you only you can determine that.