Pros Nice handling, great ride. The style fits me too!!
Cons Navigation system is not as good as a Garimin, you can not search for POI by business type.
Hands Free is hard to learn ( just me)
Options could be cheaper (like towing package )
Summary Bottom line.. I am glad I bought this car. We looked at many suvs/cross overs, and we enjoyed this ride and comfort the most.
Pros Looks are great, dash is beautiful, getting good MPG - 21. Very comfortable with good handling. Full of premium features, love all of them especially power tail gate and electronic tech. Fold down rear seats fold flat and are easy to adjust.
Cons Wide A pillar restricts visibility.
Summary We are very satisfied with the SRX. It has great looks and comfort and handles nicely.
I ordered a FWD model vs AWD to get better mpg - mpg goes from 17/23 to 18/25. This was a good choice, AWD seems unnecessary and I am getting 21 mpg. The good mpg comes at the expense of high gearing. I sometimes prefer to put transmission in sport mode in the city so the gears are lower.
New model is targeted against the Lexus RX 350 and does a good job. See MT review:
Sure looks better.
Pros I have both a 2010 CTS and SRX, the iphone and ipod touch works on both of them.
Cons lack of 3.6 DI from the CTS
Summary Iphone does work on SRX and CTSAnd yes you can rip cds directly as well as copy music from the USB or play off the USB. It recognizes folders and playlists (m3u/wpl).
Updated on Dec 25, 2009
Pros I Love the way it handle, The sunroof is great, the dash is very cool, I lole keeping the remote in my pocket and just walking up to the car and it unlocks with taking out the remote. That feature only come on the Premium model
Cons I think the ride could be a little better, as it rides more like a SUV than a car and I like seat a little softer.
Summary The review said its iPod connection can't play music from an iPhone. Wrong all you do is switch it to airplane mode and it works fine. For the $$ you can not find a car/suv that has all the feature that this one has and the fit and biult of the this car is asome !!!!!! I have alway wanted to own a Cadillac and I now know way people keep buying the same brand afrter having owned one. I LOVE MY>>>>>
It will take me a little while to get use to the NAVas I have been using a Garmin for about 4 years. But I love the way it built into the dash and it the backup camera and everything else too. My had everything on it but the tow pky and I'm having the dealer add it for about $600.00, Of course it came with heated seats but this model also comes with Cooling seating in the friont and this models adds heated rear heated too. If you buy one you will not be sorry.
Pros It is only leased for 39 months
Cons Even the dealer in Fort Lauderdale sucks
1) overcharged on license plate fees- still fighting them for the difference they sent back a check for $30 when it should have been $130, but the GM that was there in June 2010 is no longer there anymore ...
Summary I leased a 2010 SRX FWD Luxury w/ navigation at the end of June in South Florida -the deal was 15K miles per year, $3K down, $515 a month for 39 months, -includes tax, tag, title, last month payment of the old lease for $500 and 1st month's payment of the new lease... I think it was a pretty fair deal.
But after having the car for 2 weeks I am noticing several faulty features of the vehicle. Especially when comparing it to my previous leased car which was a 2007 Lexus IS 250 with navigation. The lease before the Lexus was an 2005 Infiniti G35 2 door coupe no navigation.
My overall advice for people if they are considering this car - is to look elsewhere, especially if coming from a Lexus.
HUGE DISAPPOINTMENTS IN THE NEW SRX
1) There is no gas cap lock - and it is located on the passenger side
2) Smart Key - does not work outside vehicle to unlock car, it must be clicked to open doors
3) Lights on the interior are very dull - Head Lights at night are also dull
4) No Sunglass holder
5) The Rearview mirror is ridiculously small
6) Thought the back trunk window would go down
7) It did not come with advertised pet barrier for trunk (Look especially for this item)
8) The HDD so well advertised is very difficult to use and cannot store songs from Apple Itunes, Iphone, Ipod or XM Radio -etc -although easy to record off of regular radio
9) You cannot transfer all numbers from your phone to the car - only stores 30 numbers - and shows phone numbers when calling - not names
10) A/C sucks and is very loud -
11) There is no spare tire - comes with sealent
12) Trunk is small -
13) No telescopic steering wheel
14) The overall car drives terribly on highway
15) Gas actually used in 2 weeks approximately 14 -15 miles per gallon mixed highway and city driving advertised 18 -25
16) The floor mats are thin and cheap - already filthy replaced with hexomat - expensive but nice to hose it down - makes the car more rugged
Bottom line - good thing I leased it - but it is shocking how many things are far inferior to Lexus or Infiniti Quality .... For cars like this it does not surprise me there overall company should go bankrupt
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com||No|| |
|See all prices|