"Great tablet value for money. Owned > 2 weeks"4.0 starson by kev0055
Pros: - Almost full functionality with expensive tablets without living in the Amazon ecosystem
- 8.9 inch is perfect for reading pdf, comics and ebooks
- Great wifi performance
Cons: - Kindle Email native client could not read hotmail/gmail sub-folders. Inbox is fine.
Summary: I don't live in the Amazon ecosystem. Not by choice but by force due to the fact I don't live in any of the countries where they have presence. (No access to Amazon store). But using a third party app store (www.1mobile.com), I am able to install almost all the apps I need and want. For all intent and purposes this tablet is no different from any other more expensive android tablets. Except it is half the price and a hell lot better in video resolution and sound. The screen is absolutely gorgeous.
I never experienced the "Amazon ecosystem" but I don't think I need to. I am already using almost all the apps I want to use.
- Use a alternate app store such as www.1mobile.com
- Download AVG Free to secure your tablet before downloading any other apps. Scan each app before installing.
- Download Opera Web Browser (better than Opera Mini browser)
- Download Mantano Reader Free for pdf and ebooks
- Download Comic Rack Free for reading comics
- Download MoboPlayer for video files
- Download Youtube
- Download VEVO
- Download Google Maps
- Download Facebook
- Download StumbleUpon
- Download Dropbox for your personal files
- Download TuneIn Radio
Transferring videos, books and all kinds of files is easily done via a computer. Just copy the files to Kindle's folder in windows explorer and we are done.
Even game emulators work fine. such as CPS2 games emulator: FBA Alpha.
You don't have to be tied down to Amazon.