"Great entertainment extender for a home computer system"4.0 starson by jrose710
Pros: 1) Small size, easy portability within the home.
2) Good web browsing (despite lack of flash).
3) App availability is great for common needs.
4) Excellent audio/video.
5) Looks great and really not that heavy.
Cons: 1) Hardware limited and not expandable - bad for tinkerers and high-end users.
2) Not easy to carry/use daily outside the home.
3) No "killer app"
Summary: 1) Its not a notebook replacement. Its limited compared to a notebook, but what it can do, it does very well - in many ways better.
2) Easy to use; mind-numbingly easy, for better or worse.
3) Lack of flash was annoying, but for me (and I assume for most users) definitely NOT a deal-breaker.
4) It would be nice if there was a way to easily burn DVD's into iPAD accessible files without having to buy third-party software. It could potentially hold a bunch of movies that way (great for kids, for instance).
5) Some upgradeability would have been nice; however, this upgradeability has not historically been the Apple way.
6) I haven't felt the limitations of not having multi-tasking capabilities; the applications open/close so quickly, and "save" where you were, that its as if I were multitasking anyway.
Overall: Good for casual and more-than-casual computer users who do the usual things on computers (Internet, email, Youtube, etc..). Bad for those who like to program and make hardware changes to their gear. I would say that most people would DEFINITELY have a use for this. And no, it is NOT just a large iPOD; not by a longshot.