"Right on! - A Real Computer masquerading as a Tablet"4.5 starson by Don Cox
Pros: * Real power, with real software capabilities.
* Great digitizer and smooth handwriting ink.
* Good to very good touch interface (I was initially concerned about this).
* Perfect for note taking in class or at work.
* Windows 7 64-bit is solid.
Cons: * Marginal battery life.
* Weight with included cover is too much. It is better "naked".
* Lack of accessory options (such as covers, etc.) otherwise good with standard interfaces.
Summary: I have an iPad. I like the iPad's form factor and battery life, but that's about it. I didn't need to drop the bucks on a tech toy which I then had to purchase a number of not-quite-right applications; I needed something more useful for productivity (that still allows for hand-writing). The ep121 fits the bill nicely. It is a bit heavy (about the weight of a MacBook Air), with only about 3.5 hours of "typical" use on battery. But man, it is the best digitizer I've used in years. OneNote and ink, online sync? heck yeah! My use requirements: Class and work notes that I can sync across devices and locations; need a full office suite; need Wi-Fi (not cell data); need USB connections; light-enough-device. And yes, I feel quite used and abused by Apple for my iPad. I'm not a hype-guy, but man, that iPad was a mistake.
Thanks for your submission!
Write a Review
|Initial Sort Order|
|Get free shipping on orders over $35.00||Yes|| |
|4MD Medical||No|| |
|Amazon.com Marketplace||No|| |
|See all prices|