"A disappointing device, does not work as advertised."2.0 starson by cpevdlm
Pros: Keeps the distinctive thinkpad look and does not try to ape the ipad.
Cons: Very much a beta release, buggy, pen freezes sporadically, most definitely not a professional tool that can be relied upon.
Summary: This is my third thinkpad device, but after this last experience it is also going to be my last. I wanted a portable device I can use to jot down notes during meeting. This proved impossible with this tablet however. A number of major issues are:
- pen freezes or jumps, at which point taking notes becomes impossible (this happens repeatedly).
- palm recognition is nearly useless with lenovo's default note application. I you have the same issue, the Quil app lets you turn off touch which resolves that issue.
- battery indicator is unreliable: it will indicate 30% left on the battery, then the tablet will turn itself off a few minutes later because of the depleted battery.
- recharges extremely slowly, or not at all if you try to use it as it charges.
- tablet shuts off randomly.
- gmail crashes.
- battery being depleted by cell signal (and I have no cell service). This apparently was fixed by the last update.
- USB key suddenly no longer recognized.
More minor gripes, include:
- inability to remove pre-installed lenovo applications. We are grown-up, we do not need to be told what should, or should not be on the device.
- this tablet includes a GPS, seems very hard to get a signal however.
- customer support is non-existent (3 phone calls to be told "ahh this is an ANDROID device, sorry nothing I can do about it, wait for a while to see if an upgrade is coming")