"Great Product!"4.5 starson by derekdg
Pros: Compact, print server, streams music great
Cons: no web-based configuration tool
Summary: This is a great product. It was my first Apple product. I have my music collection on my laptop and this works great to stream music to so it plays through my stereo. The setup directions aren't that great, but I found some on the Internet that worked great. Hopefully they will help someone else as much as they helped me:
1. Before you go wireless, physically connect your AirPort to your router with an Ethernet cable. Plug in the AirPort, and wait until the LED turns solid green.
2. Start the AirPort Admin Utility for Windows. You now want to configure the AirPort to join your existing network "wirelessly". You should see the AirPort Base Station appear with its IP address in the Base Station Chooser.
3. In the lower right-hand corner, click on Configure... Click on the AirPort tab. In the "AirPort Network" section, Use base station to: "Join an Existing Wireless Network". Underneath that, type in your existing wireless "Network Name". You will be asked to change the password as well.
4. Click "Update" in the lower right-hand corner of the Configure window. Your AirPort will be restarted, and the LED should turn solid green again.
5. Finally, disconnect the AirPort from your router, and remove the connecting cable. You should NOW be able to plug in your AirPort anywhere to join your existing network.