Pros Like playing 'Saving Private Ryan'
Cons Some bugs in theatrics, not as polished as COD2
Summary Picked up this game yesterday when it released. Played last night and this morning. My initial impression is that it is as good as part 2 but not without flaws. First the good things:
1. You can now pick up and throw back grenades, this actually adds a level of difficulty because you have to remember how to do it. At the same time, it gives you a fighting chance if you get stuck in a room with one.
2. Activating devices (ie arming explosives) is now more than just holding down a button. Each time you arm explosives, for example, you have to follow step by step button sequences to do it. Also, the sequence isn't always the same. I'm glad to see that they continue to innovate in this genre.
3. Mock hand to hand combat. Occasionally you will get attacked from out of nowhere by the enemy and you have to follow button sequences to win. This doesn't really add anything other than theatrics, however, it does seem to add to the feel.
4. New weapons. I have only used the 50cal so far.
5. Improved online. Not many online games going yet. But I was able to play one this morning. You no longer have to find a new game after each match and you can join games that are already in progress. Also, there is a new 'battle mode' which I have not tried but I believe it will be something like conquest from the Battlefield games.
Now for the bad
1. Some of the missions are very dark and it is hard to see.
2. The AI of the good guys isn't as smart. They frequently shoot at walls and call out troop positions that don't make sense.
3. They give you more choices for how you want to attack the enemy this time, however, it is difficult to understand what the choices mean and no tools to weigh your options. Consequently, I have just picked the closest option.
4. Saw some glitches in the graphics and sound/graphics syncing. Nothing serious. Occasionally I will notice a facial feature that just looks wrong or unfinished. Sometimes the seargent will point and something, run, then you will hear what he said. Again, nothing big.
5. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out what you need to do to complete your objective. If you don't stand in just the right place sometimes, the objective won't complete.
If you liked the first one, you will like this one just as much. Honestly, I haven't enjoyed this one anymore than the first. However, I think that once the online gets going I will like this version more.
"Not a bad game"on by TheRekcah
Pros The multi-player mode is full of little kids lacking skill level, so if you have FPS skills, you'll love the online play.
Cons Single player mode is a little slow and annoying at times. Multi-player is full of team-killers, but if you host your own game you can turn friendly fire off.
Summary If you are unable to get any other games in the series due to their M rating, or if you just want to play a classic FPS game, then you should get this game.
Single player can be annoying at times, but the multi-player is really fun. Newer call of duty games are very serious when playing online, but this one is actually funny at times. There's stuff like running people over with your jeep, finding out-of-map glitches, hopping in a tank and blowing the enemies away, and sneaking up behind someone and dancing around them. Good times.
Pros Excellent graphics, Beautiful sound, Fun game-play, Excellent online play
Cons Another WW2 shooter, Too glitchy for my liking, Environments seem the same in some levels
Summary This is currently my favorite WW2 game. I know for a fact that there will be plenty more. The first thing I noticed about this game is truly how beautiful the detail is in this game. The graphics are excellent, just what I was looking and hoping for. The game-play is very fun. You have four different campaigns throught the game. You fight with soldiers from America, England, Poland, and Canada. Yes, Poland and Canada. Two of the most underlooked countries that fought in World War II. The online play is fantastic. Goes up to 24 players and has plenty of game modes too choose from. This game is really addicting, but I think that the AI could have been better. The squad you have is a good one but they do some stupid things throughout the game but it doesn't take away from the great experience you will get playing this game. Also, there are a lot of glitches on the online play. Some are actually fun. But glitching is cheating and that isn't fun for the person who feels the results of the glitch. I recommend this game to anyone looking for a good FPS as well as a good WW2 shooter. Activision has delivered big time once again.
Pros The storyline is good, the graphics are great, the sound design is amazing, and the game overall impresses at every level
Cons I wish the main game lasted longer!
Summary It puts you right into the action as if you were in the war yourself. The cinematics don't really look better than the gameplay itself, but that's not a bad thing, because the game looks great! I didn't put this thing down until I beat it, so it's truly a testament to its design. It was very challenging at times, but I felt it could have lasted a little longer. The online play isn't great, but it's somewhat entertaining. It's frustrating though, as nobody has come close to the quality of online play that Halo2 nailed some time ago. Why don't they use the same idea?! Why don't all Xbox 360 games use that same idea!? Seriously though, if you only get two 1st person shooter games (the second being Halo 3 of course), this should be it. The graphics are awesome. The gameplay is easy to learn, and just plain awesome. The story is great too.
Pros The easy level is actually easy so if your not a diehard gamer it's enjoyable
Cons Same thing basically as all the other Call of Duties just different missions
Summary I got this bundled with my 360 and I loved it. Even if I had to pay 60 dollars for it I would still buy it. Sadly I don't have an HD tv so I can't really talk about graphics but the gameplay is alot of fun, the missions aren't too long to when you only have an hour you can have alot of fun. The easy difficulty is actually easy and even non didhard gamers can finish the game.
Haven't been on xbox live alot, but it resembles alot of the gameplay of games such as Battlefield 2.