"Better than COD2 in some ways"4.5 starson by aronhalt1
Pros: Like playing 'Saving Private Ryan'
Cons: Some bugs in theatrics, not as polished as COD2
Summary: Picked up this game yesterday when it released. Played last night and this morning. My initial impression is that it is as good as part 2 but not without flaws. First the good things:
1. You can now pick up and throw back grenades, this actually adds a level of difficulty because you have to remember how to do it. At the same time, it gives you a fighting chance if you get stuck in a room with one.
2. Activating devices (ie arming explosives) is now more than just holding down a button. Each time you arm explosives, for example, you have to follow step by step button sequences to do it. Also, the sequence isn't always the same. I'm glad to see that they continue to innovate in this genre.
3. Mock hand to hand combat. Occasionally you will get attacked from out of nowhere by the enemy and you have to follow button sequences to win. This doesn't really add anything other than theatrics, however, it does seem to add to the feel.
4. New weapons. I have only used the 50cal so far.
5. Improved online. Not many online games going yet. But I was able to play one this morning. You no longer have to find a new game after each match and you can join games that are already in progress. Also, there is a new 'battle mode' which I have not tried but I believe it will be something like conquest from the Battlefield games.
Now for the bad
1. Some of the missions are very dark and it is hard to see.
2. The AI of the good guys isn't as smart. They frequently shoot at walls and call out troop positions that don't make sense.
3. They give you more choices for how you want to attack the enemy this time, however, it is difficult to understand what the choices mean and no tools to weigh your options. Consequently, I have just picked the closest option.
4. Saw some glitches in the graphics and sound/graphics syncing. Nothing serious. Occasionally I will notice a facial feature that just looks wrong or unfinished. Sometimes the seargent will point and something, run, then you will hear what he said. Again, nothing big.
5. Sometimes it is difficult to figure out what you need to do to complete your objective. If you don't stand in just the right place sometimes, the objective won't complete.
If you liked the first one, you will like this one just as much. Honestly, I haven't enjoyed this one anymore than the first. However, I think that once the online gets going I will like this version more.