"Good But Not Complete"3.0 starson by thanerdat11
Pros: - Story has a different structure and keeps the player interested.
- Weapons are easier to use and more effective than previous installments.
- Visor mode a good addition. Much more effective than standard night-vision.
Cons: - Campaign too short and very anticlimactic.
- Weapon selection limited
- Long periods without action in "Rookie" story
- The missing radar takes the length of the game to get used to.
- Little to no interaction with team members.
Summary: Before playing this game, it's important to remember that this game was created as filler between the feature 'Halo' installments. The animation in just okay and the story is over just when you are getting into it. There are both long periods without action, as well as periods with enough to make you thankful for the next 'Checkpoint'.
The lack of variety in weaponry makes it difficult to get settled on a favourite and scarce ammunition leaves you picking off the bodies. However, the M6 pistol and the M7S SMG are both very easy to use and effective. Both very nice additions to the UNSC arsenal (on XBOX 360) and hopefully to be seen again.
Players may also notice that health packs are difficult to find in the "Rookie" story, however, this encourages smart decision-making involving constant movement and coverage.
Overall, enjoyable for as long as it lasts, as are most good things in life.